Sunday 25 September 2022

What can you actually use your typewriters for? Cake labels!

So you have a typewriter collection, you are justly proud of it and often get one of the typewriters out to play with. But what can you use your typewriters for, in a proper useful sense? Well, one use i have found is to do ingredient labels for the cakes my wife makes. In the past i used to write down the ingredients on a sticky label but where is the fun in that? My beloved Olympia Olympiette, the best typewriter i have, makes a much better job of it. 



This isn't the first time i've used a typewriter "in anger". Once i had to write a very official letter, while the letter itself was done on my computer and laser printed i needed something to write the address on the envelope. My Brother Deluxe 1350 did a good job, as did it's distant cousin my Brother laser printer on the actual letter!